A micro-adventure is going on an adventure near home, in any season, choosing public or zero-carbon transport, with feeding a circular economy in mind throughout your holiday.
As the Grand Avignon Tourist Office is centrally located between Mount Ventoux, the Alpilles, Luberon and Camargue, it has designed 6 micro-adventures intended to give rise to others.
Avignon becomes the “base camp of Provence” and you can choose between:
● Across vines and hills (Fr) : a saga on foot + a caving adventure in the Gard region.
● From one river to another (Fr) : walking along the Sorgue and canoeing down the Ouvèze to get to Avignon bridge via the Rhône.
● The route that takes you to the stars (Fr), from Avignon to the Luberon, for an astronomy + biking adventure.
● For a dive into the Gardon river (Fr), a two-day walk from Villeneuve-les-Avignon to the Gardon river, across the typical provençal garrigue landscapes.
● Rest with the common cranes (Fr), a nice touring bicycle ride towards Camargue, to be experienced during the winter to meet these majestic birds.
The latest since spring 2022:
● Flawless Vaucluse (Fr), a 3-day hike in the Vaucluse mountains with a guided descent of the Campredon dry canyon.
Each micro-adventure has a toolbox with the map and GPX tracking, indications for finding a bike rental agency, a guide, the regional train or bus line, the best places to eat and sleep, producers, or even an information sheet to recognise the birds… And there’s a new adventure to discover each season!